You’ve Got Questions. We’ve Got Answers.
What is a timeshare and how does timeshare ownership work?
In its simplest terms, the concept of buying a timeshare is to prepay for a vacation. In fact, another term for a timeshare is Vacation Ownership. A purchaser acquires the right to use a period of time (usually one week a year) in a condo, apartment or some other type of vacation accommodation or resort. These arrangements typically involve paying a high-interest mortgage, maintenance fees and, at times, special assessment fees for the right to use a vacation property.
When I own a timeshare, do I own property?
There are several types of timeshare contracts, and some, like fixed and floating week transactions, are deeded. Typically, a purchaser is buying the right to one room at one resort for one week each year. The vast majority of timeshares that are sold today are point-based contracts. With a points-based contract, you don’t actually own any property. Instead, you’ve purchased points that can be used in exchange for going on vacation. Points work like currency. The value of your points depends on where you were when you bought them, and the number of points that you’ll need to go on a vacation depends on when and where you plan to use them.
Does my timeshare have any value? How much can I sell my timeshare for?
Generally speaking, there is no resale marketing that exists for your timeshare. A very small percentage of them can be sold. Additionally, the market is inundated with owners trying to give them away for free. Attempting to sell a timeshare can also be risky as there are several resale market and timeshare rental scams that the Federal Trade Commission has issued a warning against.
Can a timeshare company garnish my wages if I stop paying?
Yes, they can garnish the wages of anyone whose name is on the contract. However, the timeshare company would have to file a lawsuit and receive a judgement in their favor before being able to do so.
How long do timeshare contracts last?
Timeshare contracts typically last ‘in perpetuity,’ which means that you are legally responsible for all costs associated with your timeshare for the entirety of your life. This also means that it will get passed down to your children, next of kin, or any other beneficiaries.
What if my children don’t want to assume my timeshare?
Your heirs and beneficiaries are legally responsible for your timeshare after your death, whether or not your mortgage is paid off. If your beneficiaries choose not to pay, the timeshare company can’t sue them. However, they can demand payment from the estate itself. If the timeshare company forecloses the timeshare after your passing, they can take your timeshare back and seek reimbursement by selling off non-exempt estate assets.
How does Timeshare Freedom Group work?
We offer a permanent and legal cancellation of your timeshare contract. We negotiate directly with your timeshare company to get them to release you from your timeshare contract.
Can you help me sell my timeshare?
No, we are not a timeshare resale marketing or listing company. We find that the resell market value for a timeshare is very small, and while not impossible, it is very difficult to sell a timeshare.
How do timeshare cancellation companies work? How do you get me out of my timeshare contract?
Timeshare Freedom Group will terminate your timeshare contract legally and permanently. We will negotiate with the timeshare company to relinquish all legal and financial ties to the resort. Once we assess your file, your client advisor will let you know the process involved in your particular situation.
Can you explain the process to me so I know what to expect?
Absolutely. We break our process down into four easy steps:
1. Consult: At a free consultation, one of our timeshare cancellation experts will review the specifics of your situation with you and answer any questions you may have. This meeting can be done face-to-face at one of our 15 offices in the U.S. and Canada or virtually over the phone. Your advisor will show you an estimate of what your timeshare will cost you over the course of your lifetime and will review a quote for how much canceling your timeshare will cost. If you are ready to proceed, we will walk you through the necessary paperwork, but there is absolutely no pressure. We want you to feel comfortable and have the time you need to research and review.
2. Plan: Once you sign up, we will introduce you to your dedicated Client Manager and legal professional (if applicable), who will create and execute a custom plan to get you out of your timeshare contract – legally and permanently. Your Client Manager will be your primary point-of-contact through the entire cancellation process, is your go-to for any questions, and will serve as a liaison between you and the legal team. Your Client Manager will also supply you with a list of documents they need from you to get started, such as any paperwork the timeshare company may have given you at the time of purchase, recent bills, and a written statement detailing your experiences and why you want out of your timeshare contract. Your Client Manager is here to hold your hand through the entire process, from paperwork to talking through any fears. We are here to help.
3. Manage: Once your Client Manager has all the paperwork they need and has worked with you to create a customized exit strategy, we start executing on the plan. 99% of the work is handled by us at this point and your Client Manager will keep you updated on our progress every month. However, if you would like more frequent updates, you are more than welcome to check in more frequently. We do like to warn our clients though that this is a lengthy process. While every situation and timeshare company is different, it can take 6- 24 months to cancel a timeshare contract. This is completely typical and standard operating procedure for this kind of complicated negotiation.
4. Exit: Once we receive the terms of the cancellation from your timeshare company, we will review them with you to make sure you understand the details and accept the terms. Once the timeshare cancellation is official, you will receive written confirmation that you have officially canceled your timeshare contract and that you are no longer responsible for any owner or financial obligations related to your timeshare. If for any reason we are not able to get you out of your timeshare contract within 24 months, we will fully refund you any and all of our service fees. We offer a 100% money back guarantee.
How long will it take to get us out of my timeshare?
Every situation is different and once we assess your particular situation we will be able to give you a realistic timeframe.
Can I get out of my timeshare on my own?
Unless you are within the rescission period of your timeshare contract, it is nearly impossible to get out of a timeshare on your own – and even then it can be hard. Timeshare Freedom Group has the skills, knowledge, and expertise to get you out, and has developed a proven timeshare cancellation system.
Is this a lawsuit?
No, this is not a lawsuit, as we are not suing the timeshare company on your behalf. We are negotiating with them to get you out of your timeshare contract.
What is your success rate?
If we accept you as a client, we guarantee that we will get you out of your timeshare or you get your money back. We are very selective in the clients we take on and will not take on your case unless your timeshare company is on our approved list. Over the last 10 years, we have successfully canceled nearly 15,000 timeshare contracts across the U.S. and Canada. We can help you too.
How do I set up a free consultation? What if your offices aren’t physically close to me?
Call 1.866.668.6872 to schedule a free consultation with one of our timeshare cancellation experts or reach out to us and we will contact you to schedule a time at your convenience. You can meet with us at one of our 15 local offices in the U.S. or meet with us virtually over the phone.
Pricing & Payment
How much does it cost to cancel a timeshare contract?
The cost of your timeshare cancellation depends on how much you may still own on your timeshare and the cost of your monthly maintenance fees. Reach out to one of our timeshare experts today to get a quote for your specific timeshare contract and scenario. You can reach us 1.866.668.6872 or email us.
You mentioned above that cost is related to the specifics of my situation. Can you elaborate a bit about what that means?
Absolutely. Every situation is unique and there are many variables that can contribute to the cost of cancelling your timeshare, such as:
- • How long you have owned the timeshare
- • Which resort you have your timeshare with
- • How much you pay in yearly maintenance fees
- • Whether there is still a mortgage on the timeshare
- • The balance of such mortgage if there is one
- • Whether you are current or past due with either your mortgage and/or fees
- • Other specifics that may be listed in your timeshare contract
What is included in your fee?
Our timeshare cancellation process is turnkey. We do the work for you. That includes official, in-person, written, or phone communication with your timeshare company, a dedicated case manager who will supply you with monthly updates, dedicated and top-rated legal representation (if applicable), 6 – 24 months of consistent work on your behalf, and a 100% money back guarantee. If we don’t get you out of your timeshare in 24 months, we will reimburse you fully for all of our service fees.
I’ve already put a lot of money into my timeshare? Why would I pay more money to cancel?
Even though you have already paid a lot of money to your timeshare company, unfortunately, most timeshare contracts stipulate that you are responsible for continuing to pay maintenance and special assessment fees for the rest of your life – even after your mortgage is paid off. These fees typically increase 6-10% every year and will get passed on to your beneficiaries after you have passed. So although you have paid a lot of money to your timeshare company, you and your beneficiaries are contractually obligated to pay a lot more if you don’t cancel your timeshare.
If you would like to review an estimate of how much your timeshare’s mortgage, maintenance costs, and special fees assessments will cost you over the course of your lifetime, schedule a free consultation with one of our timeshare cancellation experts. You can reach us 1.866.668.6872 or email us.
Will canceling my timeshare damage my credit?
No, our timeshare cancellation process will not damage your credit score. In fact, if you are trying to avoid a foreclosure by going through our timeshare cancellation process, working with us to get rid of your timeshare could drastically improve your credit over time.
Do you offer any sort of guarantee?
Yes, we offer a 100% money back guarantee.
How do I get in touch with my client manager?
Call the customer service department at 1-844-706-6630 and you will be transferred to the right Client Manager. The customer service department is available Monday – Friday from 7am to 7pm PT. Alternatively, you can also contact your Client Manager via email. Their contact information is in the welcome email and documents. If you do not know who your Client Manager is, you can contact [email protected].
If I don’t trust my timeshare company, how can I trust you?
If you feel like you were misled into buying a timeshare, you are not alone. We’ve heard from many of our customers that they felt pressured into buying a timeshare, like they were taken advantage of, or that their timeshare is rarely available when they want to use it. The good news is that over the last 10 years, we have successfully canceled nearly 15,000 timeshare contracts across the U.S. and Canada, and we can help you too. We have 15 offices in the U.S. and Canada, and we offer free in-person or phone consultations with our timeshare cancellation experts.
We also feel it’s important to let you know there are scams that take advantage of unhappy timeshare owners. For example, the Federal Trade Commission has issued a warning against timeshare resales scams. To be clear, this is not what we do. We do not sell your timeshare. We negotiate directly with your timeshare company to legally and permanently cancel your timeshare.
If we accept you as a client, we guarantee that we will get you out of your timeshare or you get your money back. We are very selective in the clients we take on and will not take on your case unless your timeshare company is on our approved list. If a timeshare company is on our approved list, it means we have successfully canceled a timeshare contract with them before.